Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Thu December 5, 2013
KHSAA: Football Finals Schedule Unchanged, For Now
The Kentucky High School Athletic Association says it’s monitoring the weather situation related to the six football championship games being played Friday and Saturday at LT Smith Stadium in Bowling Green.
A cold front is expected to hit the area Friday, with snow, sleet, and ice possible.
At this point, the KHSAA says its schedule remains the same, with game being played at 11 am, 3 pm, and 7 pm central time each day.
However, the group says a final determination will be made Friday morning concerning the evening game and the three Saturday contests.
Here is the current schedule for the six title games (all times central):
Friday, Dec. 6
11:00 am: Mayfield (13-1) vs. Williamsburg (11-2) in Class 1A championship
3:00 pm: Wayne County (13-0) vs. Belfry (13-1) in Class 3A championship
7:00 pm: Meade County (12-2) vs. Scott County (14-0) in Class 5A championship
Saturday, Dec. 7
11:00 am: DeSales (13-1) vs. Newport Catholic Central (10-4) in Class 2A championship
3:00 pm: Collins (12-2) vs. Ft. Thomas Highlands (13-1) in Class 4A championship
7:00 pm: Bowling Green (13-0) vs. Pulaski County (14-0) in Class 5A championship