Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
High School Sports
Wed February 22, 2012
KHSAA Adds Bass Fishing as Varsity Sport
Kentucky is the second state in the nation to adopt Bass Fishing as a varsity high school sport. Illinois was the first. The Kentucky High School Athletics Association (KHSAA) reports the inaugural season will begin February 2013 and end in April, culminating in a state championship at the Land between the lakes. KHSAA Sports Information Officer Elden May says there are many entities which are looking to assist in funding.
"We’re hoping to work with our partners on that, which is FLW and the Youth Bass Federation," Elden said. "There’s a lot of great information that they have on some of their websites that we’re directing our member schools to as far as how to get their team up and running and what sort of resources they’re going to need. "
KHSAA officials say they could see competitions between Illinois and Kentucky schools as the Commonwealth’s program grows