Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue December 30, 2008
KHC Helps Jobless Horse Owners
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Recently laid off horse owners in Kentucky could receive assistance in feeding their horses through a program started last year. The Kentucky Horse Council's Equine Safety Net program provides recently unemployed individuals a month's worth of feed for two horses. KHC Board President Madelyn Millard says the Safety Net Program is designed to give horse owners who are struggling financially a chance to get back on their feet or make other long-term arrangements for their horses' care. Those interested in applying should contact the Kentucky Horse Council.