Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu May 3, 2012
KET Soars with Downton Abbey
Kentucky Educational Television is riding a wave of increased viewership driven by the popular "Masterpiece" series "Downton Abbey." Programming Director Craig Cornwell says viewership normally changes by 2 or 3 percent from year to year, but last year, it soared by a record 33 percent. Cornwell says viewership among women in the 18- to 49-year-old age range is up 168 percent during primetime, while among men in that group, the increase is 231 percent. The network says the final episode of "Downton Abbey," had about 8.1 million viewers nationwide.