Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 3, 2012
KET Soars with Downton Abbey
Kentucky Educational Television is riding a wave of increased viewership driven by the popular "Masterpiece" series "Downton Abbey." Programming Director Craig Cornwell says viewership normally changes by 2 or 3 percent from year to year, but last year, it soared by a record 33 percent. Cornwell says viewership among women in the 18- to 49-year-old age range is up 168 percent during primetime, while among men in that group, the increase is 231 percent. The network says the final episode of "Downton Abbey," had about 8.1 million viewers nationwide.