Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon August 3, 2009
KET Launches Reel Visions
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Kentucky Educational Television is launching a new platform for aspiring state filmmakers. KET producer Kelli Burton says beginning tonight budding directors will debut their productions on a program called "Reel Visions."
There's been a lot of quality short films being made throughout Kentucky by young people, by people in school, by film professors just for fun, but there's only a small amount of film festivals around the region.
Burton hopes if filmmakers know Reel Visions is out there, it will give them the extra incentive they need to make their film. The first round of independent films airs this month on KET. Check local listings for times.