Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu June 7, 2012
Kerr and Wilson Face Sentencing Today
The pair behind a more than $230,000 dollar embezzlement scandal involving the Paducah/McCracken County Convention and Expo Centers face sentencing today.
J. Patrick Kerr, the former executive director of the centers, and Susan Wilson pleaded guilty in March to federal theft and embezzlement charges. The pleas included a recommendation for a maximum two-year prison sentence, as well as full restitution of the embezzled funds. Convention Center Corporation officials discovered the embezzlement scheme in October of last year. It had been going on for about 13 months feeding Kerr’s admitted pain pill addiction. The CCC is pursuing a separate investigation to see if the funds can be recouped in any other manner. Sentencing for Kerr and Wilson is scheduled for 10:30 this morning at the US District Court in Paducah.