Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu June 7, 2012
Kerr and Wilson Face Sentencing Today
The pair behind a more than $230,000 dollar embezzlement scandal involving the Paducah/McCracken County Convention and Expo Centers face sentencing today.
J. Patrick Kerr, the former executive director of the centers, and Susan Wilson pleaded guilty in March to federal theft and embezzlement charges. The pleas included a recommendation for a maximum two-year prison sentence, as well as full restitution of the embezzled funds. Convention Center Corporation officials discovered the embezzlement scheme in October of last year. It had been going on for about 13 months feeding Kerr’s admitted pain pill addiction. The CCC is pursuing a separate investigation to see if the funds can be recouped in any other manner. Sentencing for Kerr and Wilson is scheduled for 10:30 this morning at the US District Court in Paducah.