Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu June 7, 2012
Kerr and Wilson Face Sentencing Today
The pair behind a more than $230,000 dollar embezzlement scandal involving the Paducah/McCracken County Convention and Expo Centers face sentencing today.
J. Patrick Kerr, the former executive director of the centers, and Susan Wilson pleaded guilty in March to federal theft and embezzlement charges. The pleas included a recommendation for a maximum two-year prison sentence, as well as full restitution of the embezzled funds. Convention Center Corporation officials discovered the embezzlement scheme in October of last year. It had been going on for about 13 months feeding Kerr’s admitted pain pill addiction. The CCC is pursuing a separate investigation to see if the funds can be recouped in any other manner. Sentencing for Kerr and Wilson is scheduled for 10:30 this morning at the US District Court in Paducah.