Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
KY Tax Reform Commission Meetings
Mon March 5, 2012
KentuckyY Tax Reform Commission to Hold Public Meetings
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's tax reform commission is scheduled to hold its first meeting public meeting next week. Beshear announced Friday members will meet at the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet headquarters in Frankfort tomorrow. The commission was set up to review the Commonwealth's tax code and recommend changes to better enable the state to withstand economic downturns and to make taxes more equitable for taxpayers. The recommendations are expected by November 15th. Additional meetings have been scheduled throughout the summer and early fall. In our area, the meeting is set for May 29th in Paducah.