Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 18, 2012
Kentucky's September Jobless Rate Dips Slightly
Kentucky is reporting a slight decline in its jobless rate in September despite a major loss of manufacturing jobs. The Office of Employment and Training released new unemployment figures today showing the jobless rate at 8.4 percent. That's down from 8.5 percent in August. The manufacturing sector loss 2,000 jobs in September.
Labor market analyst Manoj Shanker said that's largely due to the outsourcing of some factory jobs, including clerical and custodial services, to temporary workers. He says that was offset by gains in trade, transportation and utilities.