Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu October 18, 2012
Kentucky's September Jobless Rate Dips Slightly
Kentucky is reporting a slight decline in its jobless rate in September despite a major loss of manufacturing jobs. The Office of Employment and Training released new unemployment figures today showing the jobless rate at 8.4 percent. That's down from 8.5 percent in August. The manufacturing sector loss 2,000 jobs in September.
Labor market analyst Manoj Shanker said that's largely due to the outsourcing of some factory jobs, including clerical and custodial services, to temporary workers. He says that was offset by gains in trade, transportation and utilities.