Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu October 18, 2012
Kentucky's September Jobless Rate Dips Slightly
Kentucky is reporting a slight decline in its jobless rate in September despite a major loss of manufacturing jobs. The Office of Employment and Training released new unemployment figures today showing the jobless rate at 8.4 percent. That's down from 8.5 percent in August. The manufacturing sector loss 2,000 jobs in September.
Labor market analyst Manoj Shanker said that's largely due to the outsourcing of some factory jobs, including clerical and custodial services, to temporary workers. He says that was offset by gains in trade, transportation and utilities.