Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon November 11, 2013
Kentucky's Contribution in the War of 1812 topic for MCLIB Presentation Thursday
The “Raisin”—short for the River Raisin that runs by the site—was the first national battlefield park devoted to the War of 1812. And it’s no Gettysburg, but rather a small patch of “brownfield” - ground contaminated by industry - south of Detroit. Thursday at 7 p.m. the McCracken County Public Library hosts author and historian Eddie Price for its Evenings Upstairs program - titled "Remember The Raisin!" Kentucky's Contribution in the War of 1812. Mr. Price joins Kate Lochte for a preview.
Davies County native, retired teacher - author- and historian - Eddie Price presents a program titled "Remember the Raisin" - Kentucky's Contribution in the War of 1812 - in the McCracken County Public Library's upstairs meeting room this Thursday at 7 p.m. The Library's at 555 Washington Street in Paducah. The program is free. Mr. Price is part of the Kentucky Humanities Council's Speakers Bureau and the Kentucky Storytelling Association.