Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri October 2, 2009
Kentucky's 2nd Swine Flu Death
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – A spokesman for Louisville's mayor says a 41-year-old woman who died late last month had swine flu. Mayoral spokesman Chris Poynter says lab results indicated the woman had the novel H1N1 virus. Poynter says the woman appeared to have no other health problems. It's the second reported swine flu death in Kentucky. The first fatality was a Fayette County woman in her 50s who officials said had "significant underlying health conditions." Health officials also are trying to determine whether swine flu contributed to a Caldwell County girl's recent death.