Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri October 2, 2009
Kentucky's 2nd Swine Flu Death
By Angela Hatton
Louisville, KY – A spokesman for Louisville's mayor says a 41-year-old woman who died late last month had swine flu. Mayoral spokesman Chris Poynter says lab results indicated the woman had the novel H1N1 virus. Poynter says the woman appeared to have no other health problems. It's the second reported swine flu death in Kentucky. The first fatality was a Fayette County woman in her 50s who officials said had "significant underlying health conditions." Health officials also are trying to determine whether swine flu contributed to a Caldwell County girl's recent death.