Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 5, 2009
Kentucky Ups Tobacco Compliance Checks
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky officials are planning to check more retailers this summer to ensure tobacco products are not being sold to minors. The Public Protection Cabinet says the Department for Alcoholic Beverage Control usually conducts about 200 tobacco compliance checks per month at randomly selected retail outlets. However this summer, that number will increase to more than 1,000.