Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri June 5, 2009
Kentucky Ups Tobacco Compliance Checks
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky officials are planning to check more retailers this summer to ensure tobacco products are not being sold to minors. The Public Protection Cabinet says the Department for Alcoholic Beverage Control usually conducts about 200 tobacco compliance checks per month at randomly selected retail outlets. However this summer, that number will increase to more than 1,000.