Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed February 27, 2013
Kentucky Universities Push Senators on Immigration
The presidents of Kentucky's public universities have signed a letter urging the state's U.S. senators to help overhaul the immigration system.
The letter, sent to Republicans Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, says American universities educate some of the world's top international students only to see some of them leave under current U.S. immigration policies and work for competing companies abroad.
It calls for a bipartisan solution that ensures the nation's top international graduates have a clear path to a green card.