Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed February 27, 2013
Kentucky Universities Push Senators on Immigration
The presidents of Kentucky's public universities have signed a letter urging the state's U.S. senators to help overhaul the immigration system.
The letter, sent to Republicans Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, says American universities educate some of the world's top international students only to see some of them leave under current U.S. immigration policies and work for competing companies abroad.
It calls for a bipartisan solution that ensures the nation's top international graduates have a clear path to a green card.