Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed February 27, 2013
Kentucky Universities Push Senators on Immigration
The presidents of Kentucky's public universities have signed a letter urging the state's U.S. senators to help overhaul the immigration system.
The letter, sent to Republicans Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, says American universities educate some of the world's top international students only to see some of them leave under current U.S. immigration policies and work for competing companies abroad.
It calls for a bipartisan solution that ensures the nation's top international graduates have a clear path to a green card.