Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu January 19, 2012
Kentucky Unemployment Down
By Associated Press
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's unemployment rate fell to a three year low of 9.1 percent in December. The Office of Employment and Training reports that's down from 9.4 percent in November. The state added 8,400 nonfarm jobs in December. Seven of the eleven major job sectors reported an increase in job numbers. Education and health services and mining and logging both reported losses.