Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 7, 2009
Kentucky Texting Bill
By Paco Long-Mendez
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Senator Denise Harper Angel pre-filed legislation this week to ban texting while driving. The Louisville Democrat says statistics indicate that a person texting while driving is twenty-three times more likely to be involved in an accident. If the bill passes offenses will bring between one hundred and three hundred dollar fines. If a person causes an accident while, texting fines could be upwards of six hundred dollars.