Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon December 7, 2009
Kentucky Texting Bill
By Paco Long-Mendez
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Senator Denise Harper Angel pre-filed legislation this week to ban texting while driving. The Louisville Democrat says statistics indicate that a person texting while driving is twenty-three times more likely to be involved in an accident. If the bill passes offenses will bring between one hundred and three hundred dollar fines. If a person causes an accident while, texting fines could be upwards of six hundred dollars.