Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon December 7, 2009
Kentucky Texting Bill
By Paco Long-Mendez
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Senator Denise Harper Angel pre-filed legislation this week to ban texting while driving. The Louisville Democrat says statistics indicate that a person texting while driving is twenty-three times more likely to be involved in an accident. If the bill passes offenses will bring between one hundred and three hundred dollar fines. If a person causes an accident while, texting fines could be upwards of six hundred dollars.