Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri May 18, 2012
Kentucky Sues Medical Company for False Marketing
Kentucky is one of 13 states intervening in a 90-million dollar lawsuit against Healthpoint, Ltd. Attorney General Jack Conway and his Office of Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Control allege that a bedsore ointment called Xenaderm is a “less than effective” drug by FDA standards, for which Medicaid coverage is illegal.
The complaint against Xenaderm says Healthpoint actively marketed it to nursing homes as a Medicaid-eligible drug.