Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 18, 2012
Kentucky Sues Medical Company for False Marketing
Kentucky is one of 13 states intervening in a 90-million dollar lawsuit against Healthpoint, Ltd. Attorney General Jack Conway and his Office of Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Control allege that a bedsore ointment called Xenaderm is a “less than effective” drug by FDA standards, for which Medicaid coverage is illegal.
The complaint against Xenaderm says Healthpoint actively marketed it to nursing homes as a Medicaid-eligible drug.