Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue February 28, 2012
Kentucky Students' Test Scores are Improving
Scores for Kentucky’s 8th and 10th grade students on the statewide EXPLORE and PLAN assessments have improved over the past few years. Results from last fall show overall scores moved up slightly in most subject areas. While scores have generally improved since 2006, Kentucky averages are still somewhat below national averages. The EXPLORE and PLAN benchmarks are used to indicate the degree of college readiness in 8th and 10th graders.