Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue February 28, 2012
Kentucky Students' Test Scores are Improving
Scores for Kentucky’s 8th and 10th grade students on the statewide EXPLORE and PLAN assessments have improved over the past few years. Results from last fall show overall scores moved up slightly in most subject areas. While scores have generally improved since 2006, Kentucky averages are still somewhat below national averages. The EXPLORE and PLAN benchmarks are used to indicate the degree of college readiness in 8th and 10th graders.