Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri July 12, 2013
Kentucky State Police Releases Names Of Officers In Fulton County Shootout
The Kentucky State Police has released the names of two police officers and a state trooper involved in a shooting in Fulton last Sunday.
Trooper Mark Franklin, Fulton Police Department patrolman Douglass Love and South Fulton, Tennessee Police patrolman Jason Pearcey all fired their weapons at Keith Dildine after he shot at the officers during a 90-minute standoff at his apartment. None of the officers were injured, but Dildine was shot several times. He later came out of the apartment without incident.
Dildine remains in a Memphis hospital in critical condition.
Trooper Franklin is on paid administrative leave according to protocol while the KSP investigates which officers’ bullets actually hit Dildine.