Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri July 12, 2013
Kentucky State Police Releases Names Of Officers In Fulton County Shootout
The Kentucky State Police has released the names of two police officers and a state trooper involved in a shooting in Fulton last Sunday.
Trooper Mark Franklin, Fulton Police Department patrolman Douglass Love and South Fulton, Tennessee Police patrolman Jason Pearcey all fired their weapons at Keith Dildine after he shot at the officers during a 90-minute standoff at his apartment. None of the officers were injured, but Dildine was shot several times. He later came out of the apartment without incident.
Dildine remains in a Memphis hospital in critical condition.
Trooper Franklin is on paid administrative leave according to protocol while the KSP investigates which officers’ bullets actually hit Dildine.