Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed May 22, 2013
Kentucky State Police Investigate Trigg County Shooting
The Kentucky State Police are investigating the shooting of a 2-year-old child in Trigg County.
Authorities said they were called to the home of David Southwick near Cadiz Tuesday evening.
Officers found the child with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the head. Although the investigation is continuing, police say the shooting appears accidental.