Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon August 12, 2013
Kentucky State Fair Is Back Thursday
The 2013 Kentucky State Fair is only three days away — time for musical artists, world-class horses, fried food on a stick and handmade finery. Admission is $10 for adults, $6 for those 55 and older ($1 on senior day), $6 for children 3 to 12 and free for anyone 2 and younger, plus $8 for parking. Admission is $2 cheaper if you buy advance tickets through Wednesday at Kroger.
Free parking is also available with tram service at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium on Friday through Sunday, both weekends. Also Fridays through Sundays, there is $5 parking in the Five Dollar Lot, with shuttles available. People having their work judged in the fair dropped off their entries during the weekend, with much of it being prejudged before the fair begins Thursday.