Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed April 18, 2012
Kentucky Soldier Stopped in Georgia Chase Dies
Fort Campbell officials say a soldier involved in a chase by Georgia State Police after his wife was found dead has also died of a gunshot wound. The wound was apparently self-inflicted during the pursuit. Authorities say 22-year-old Specialist Rico Rawls Jr. died at about 2 Monday afternoon. Military police responding to an alleged domestic dispute in housing at the post found Jessica Rawls dead from what appeared to be a gunshot wound late last week. Her death remains under investigation. Rawls was assigned to 5th Special Forces Group and had been at Fort Campbell since January 2010.