Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 5, 2008
Kentucky Senate Race Results
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – It was a good night for incumbents in Kentucky Senate races Tuesday. Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh looks at some of the winners.
Senate Education committee chair Ken Winters of Murray turned back a comeback attempt by former Democratic congressman Carroll Hubbard. Senate Minority Whip Joey Pendleton of Hopkinsville withstood a strong challenge from Republican Tom Jones.
Georgetown Republican Senator Damon Thayer won another term, as did Louisville Democratic Senators Tim Shaughnessy, Perry Clark and Denise Harper Angel.
Also heading back to Frankfort are Republican Senator Robert Stivers of Manchester and Democratic Senator Walter "Doc" Blevins of Morehead.
Former representative Kathy Stein of Lexington will assume the Senate seat formerly held by Ernesto Scorsone, who's now a Fayette Circuit judge. And Greensburg Republican David Givens will fill the seat being vacated by former Senate budget chairman Richie Sanders, who did not seek re-election.