Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed November 5, 2008
Kentucky Senate Race Results
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – It was a good night for incumbents in Kentucky Senate races Tuesday. Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh looks at some of the winners.
Senate Education committee chair Ken Winters of Murray turned back a comeback attempt by former Democratic congressman Carroll Hubbard. Senate Minority Whip Joey Pendleton of Hopkinsville withstood a strong challenge from Republican Tom Jones.
Georgetown Republican Senator Damon Thayer won another term, as did Louisville Democratic Senators Tim Shaughnessy, Perry Clark and Denise Harper Angel.
Also heading back to Frankfort are Republican Senator Robert Stivers of Manchester and Democratic Senator Walter "Doc" Blevins of Morehead.
Former representative Kathy Stein of Lexington will assume the Senate seat formerly held by Ernesto Scorsone, who's now a Fayette Circuit judge. And Greensburg Republican David Givens will fill the seat being vacated by former Senate budget chairman Richie Sanders, who did not seek re-election.