Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 23, 2012
Kentucky Schools Could Be in Line for Grant Money
Kentucky schools will learn today whether they have been selected to participate in a new, almost 27 million dollar college-readiness grant program. Known as GEAR UP, or Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs, the federal grant expects to serve 10,000 Kentucky students from low-incomes schools over six years. The goal is to increase the number of students who finish high school and continue their education. The recipient schools will be announced later this morning.