Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri March 23, 2012
Kentucky Schools Could Be in Line for Grant Money
Kentucky schools will learn today whether they have been selected to participate in a new, almost 27 million dollar college-readiness grant program. Known as GEAR UP, or Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs, the federal grant expects to serve 10,000 Kentucky students from low-incomes schools over six years. The goal is to increase the number of students who finish high school and continue their education. The recipient schools will be announced later this morning.