Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue February 10, 2009
Kentucky Safety Concerns
By Austin Carter
Kentucky – The Kentucky Department of Health and Family Services is concerned about the safety of residents still without power. Department officials surveyed more than 500 households in 10 Western Kentucky counties and concluded that many people are at continued risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from improper use of generators. The state is reminding anyone using generators to place them at least 25 feet from their home and to check that batteries are active in your carbon monoxide detector.