Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Tue February 25, 2014
Kentucky Republican Party Says House Dems Ignoring Legislative Responsibilities During Clinton Visit
The Republican Party of Kentucky is accusing House Democrats of ignoring their legislative responsibilities to attend today’s Louisville fundraiser featuring Bill Clinton.
RPK chairman Steve Robertson says that Democrats cancelled state government committee meetings to attend a rally for U.S. Senate candidate Alison Grimes, where the president spoke this afternoon.
Democratic House Speaker Greg Stumbo dismissed the claims, and presided over a sparsely attended session of the chamber.
Several House Democratic legislators attended the Grimes-Clinton event, as well as Gov. Steve Beshear.