Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue February 25, 2014
Kentucky Republican Party Says House Dems Ignoring Legislative Responsibilities During Clinton Visit
The Republican Party of Kentucky is accusing House Democrats of ignoring their legislative responsibilities to attend today’s Louisville fundraiser featuring Bill Clinton.
RPK chairman Steve Robertson says that Democrats cancelled state government committee meetings to attend a rally for U.S. Senate candidate Alison Grimes, where the president spoke this afternoon.
Democratic House Speaker Greg Stumbo dismissed the claims, and presided over a sparsely attended session of the chamber.
Several House Democratic legislators attended the Grimes-Clinton event, as well as Gov. Steve Beshear.