Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Tue February 25, 2014
Kentucky Republican Party Says House Dems Ignoring Legislative Responsibilities During Clinton Visit
The Republican Party of Kentucky is accusing House Democrats of ignoring their legislative responsibilities to attend today’s Louisville fundraiser featuring Bill Clinton.
RPK chairman Steve Robertson says that Democrats cancelled state government committee meetings to attend a rally for U.S. Senate candidate Alison Grimes, where the president spoke this afternoon.
Democratic House Speaker Greg Stumbo dismissed the claims, and presided over a sparsely attended session of the chamber.
Several House Democratic legislators attended the Grimes-Clinton event, as well as Gov. Steve Beshear.