Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri July 20, 2012
Kentucky Represented in National Education Publication
Originally published on Fri July 20, 2012 1:03 pm
The executive director of Kentucky’s Pritchard Committee for Academic Excellence is now blogging for a national publication and he’ll be keeping readers abreast of changes the state undergoes as it continues to roll out its new accountability system.
Stu Silberman said he’ll try to post content twice a week on Education Week’s website EdWeekly.org and he hopes to share best practices and challenges that the commonwealth faces.
“ I think that we will continue to be sharing our progress in Kentucky but this is also taking a look at the national issues," he said.
In his first post this week, Silberman said Kentucky needed to provide better education and support to its education reforms in 1990.
He said he hopes the blog opens that dialog to parents and policy makers for the state’s most recent education assessment and accountability changes.
Silberman said he’ll share best practices, data and policy collected from nationwide sources.