Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon October 5, 2009
Kentucky to Receive Grants for Housing Upgrades
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky will receive nearly $400,000 from the federal government as part of a program to make repairs and improvements to rural housing. The funds are being awarded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development Housing Preservation Grant program. In Muhlenberg County, the City of Powderly will receive $77,000. The Purchase Area Housing Corporation will receive just over $147,000. The Pennyrile Housing Corporation will receive almost $105,000.