Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 5, 2009
Kentucky to Receive Grants for Housing Upgrades
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky will receive nearly $400,000 from the federal government as part of a program to make repairs and improvements to rural housing. The funds are being awarded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development Housing Preservation Grant program. In Muhlenberg County, the City of Powderly will receive $77,000. The Purchase Area Housing Corporation will receive just over $147,000. The Pennyrile Housing Corporation will receive almost $105,000.