Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky to Receive Drug Settlement Money
Kentucky will recover more than $28 million dollars from a legal settlement resolving a dispute with prescription drug maker GlaxoSmithKline.
Attorney General Jack Conway announced the settlement yesterday. Kentucky was one of 44 states involved in a $3 billion dollar settlement to resolve a case alleging the drug company engaged in various illegal schemes in marketing and pricing the drugs it manufactures. Of Kentucky's share, nearly $20 million dollars will be turned over to the federal government, and $8.5 million will go the state Medicaid program.