Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky to Receive Drug Settlement Money
Kentucky will recover more than $28 million dollars from a legal settlement resolving a dispute with prescription drug maker GlaxoSmithKline.
Attorney General Jack Conway announced the settlement yesterday. Kentucky was one of 44 states involved in a $3 billion dollar settlement to resolve a case alleging the drug company engaged in various illegal schemes in marketing and pricing the drugs it manufactures. Of Kentucky's share, nearly $20 million dollars will be turned over to the federal government, and $8.5 million will go the state Medicaid program.