Most Active Stories
- Revised Forecast Ups Ice Accumulation in TN Border Counties
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Front Page Episodes
Sun July 29, 2012
Kentucky Ranks 35th in National Child Welfare Report
The Annie E. Casey Foundation released the Kids Count Data Book this week, which ranks states according to their efforts in child well-being. Kentucky ranked 35th in the nation in this year’s report, with education and health care ranking as the state’s lowest contributing factors. Drew Adams speaks to the foundation's Associate Director of Policy, Research, and Data, Laura Speer about the Commonwealth’s ranking and how it may pull itself up by the bootstraps.
The Kids Count Data report can be accessed here.