Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
2012 General Assembly
Fri February 10, 2012
Kentucky Public Radio's Kenny Colston Wraps Up This Week in Frankfort
This week legislation has been flying around the house and senate in Frankfort, and somewhat surprisingly the house and senate came to an agreement on congressional districts. Kentucky Public Radio’s Kenny Colston speaks with Rick Howlett about the happenings in Kentucky’s State Capitol this week.
Here are a few stories Kenny covered this week:
- After weeks of disagreement, new districts for Kentucky's six U.S. House seats will become law.
- Governor Steve Beshear says the problems with Kentucky s new Medicaid Managed Care system will be resolved.
- Governor Steve Beshear has put together a bipartisan group of 23 Kentuckians to serve on his tax commission.
- A newly-formed coalition of businesses, unions and education groups have teamed up to get a constitutional amendment for gambling on the ballot in Kentucky.