Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Property Tax Remains the Same
Kentuckians will continue to pay 12.2 cents on each $100 dollars worth of property they own over the next year.
The Kentucky Department of Revenue announced yesterday the state's property tax rate won't be changed. Under state law, Kentucky's property tax rate rises and falls with changes in overall assessments, which rose so little over the past year that no change was necessary. Kentucky's property tax rate has remained the same since 2008.