Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Property Tax Remains the Same
Kentuckians will continue to pay 12.2 cents on each $100 dollars worth of property they own over the next year.
The Kentucky Department of Revenue announced yesterday the state's property tax rate won't be changed. Under state law, Kentucky's property tax rate rises and falls with changes in overall assessments, which rose so little over the past year that no change was necessary. Kentucky's property tax rate has remained the same since 2008.