Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Property Tax Remains the Same
Kentuckians will continue to pay 12.2 cents on each $100 dollars worth of property they own over the next year.
The Kentucky Department of Revenue announced yesterday the state's property tax rate won't be changed. Under state law, Kentucky's property tax rate rises and falls with changes in overall assessments, which rose so little over the past year that no change was necessary. Kentucky's property tax rate has remained the same since 2008.