Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Property Tax Remains the Same
Kentuckians will continue to pay 12.2 cents on each $100 dollars worth of property they own over the next year.
The Kentucky Department of Revenue announced yesterday the state's property tax rate won't be changed. Under state law, Kentucky's property tax rate rises and falls with changes in overall assessments, which rose so little over the past year that no change was necessary. Kentucky's property tax rate has remained the same since 2008.