Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu August 1, 2013
Kentucky Preteen Skyler Hornback Sets Jeopardy Record
Originally published on Thu August 1, 2013 8:46 am
Skyler Hornback, a 12-year-old from Sonora, Kentucky, won $66,600 on the game show Jeopardy on Wednesday.
This was part of the show's Kids Week, but there's nothing childish about that total.
It's the third-highest one-day total in the show's history (behind $77,000 and $75,000) and far ahead of the previous single-day Kids Week total of $49,000, according to the show.
What's more, Hornback won with a question about Abraham Lincoln. (Kentucky!)
Check it out: