Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue July 10, 2012
Kentucky Posts Slight Budget Surplus
For the second year in a row, the Kentucky state government has a small budget surplus.
The fiscal year closed with an extra $83 million in revenue from the general fund and an extra $31 million in the road fund. The surpluses are slight, and their use is limited to two areas. The first priority is emergency expenses, such as storm relief. Whatever remains after that will go into the rainy day fund, which was drained in recession years.