Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue August 20, 2013
Kentucky Oil Production Increased in Past Year
Oil production in Kentucky over the past eleven years reached 31 million barrels but increased significantly in the last year. That’s what the executive director of the Kentucky Oil and Gas Association told a House panel in Frankfort today.
Andrew McNeill testified before the House Natural Resources and Environment Committee. He says the state’s average annual production during the period was 2.5 million barrels.
"In 2012, it was 3,197,000 barrels that were produced...and from 2011 to 2012 that represents a 37% increase in a year," McNeill says.
McNeill says nearly all of the oil produced in Kentucky each year comes from four counties: Henderson, Union, Leslie and Lee.