Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed June 13, 2012
Kentucky Medicaid Settles with Johnson & Johnson for $7 Million
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway recovered $7 million on behalf of Kentucky’s Medicaid program following a settlement with 47 companies in the Johnson & Johnson family.
The lawsuits claimed that the companies advertised deceptive Average Wholesale Prices- which the Kentucky Medicaid Program uses to calculate its drug reimbursement amounts. The deceptive numbers caused the program to reimburse millions of dollars more than necessary.