Most Active Stories
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Health and Welfare
Thu June 14, 2012
Kentucky Medicaid Gets Johnson & Johnson Settlement
The Kentucky Medicaid program has recovered $7 million dollars in a settlement with Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical companies.
Attorney General Jack Conway says lawsuits alleged that Johnson & Johnson published inflated average wholesale prices for their drugs. The Medicaid program relied on the published amounts to calculate reimbursement rates, resulting in overpayments totaling millions of dollars. Conway's office says in the past 4 1/2 years, the Office of Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Control has recovered or been awarded more than $230 million dollars for state and federal Medicaid programs.