Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Health and Welfare
Thu June 14, 2012
Kentucky Medicaid Gets Johnson & Johnson Settlement
The Kentucky Medicaid program has recovered $7 million dollars in a settlement with Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical companies.
Attorney General Jack Conway says lawsuits alleged that Johnson & Johnson published inflated average wholesale prices for their drugs. The Medicaid program relied on the published amounts to calculate reimbursement rates, resulting in overpayments totaling millions of dollars. Conway's office says in the past 4 1/2 years, the Office of Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Control has recovered or been awarded more than $230 million dollars for state and federal Medicaid programs.