Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon April 6, 2009
Kentucky Lottery Revenue
By Charlie Compton
Richmond, KY – After 20 years the Kentucky Lottery is still working to increase revenue. This year, the lottery hopes to earn a record high of 800 million dollars. That's 25 million more than last year's earnings. Kentucky Lottery spokesman Chip Polston says players are loyal.
The average consumer transaction we see is around two or three dollars and the average lottery player spend less than 15 dollars a week on lottery products and we really continue to see ourselves as an inexpensive form of entertainment that people are still enjoying right now.
Last year the General Assembly mandated that 28 percent of revenue go back to the commonwealth. Normally, the Kentucky Lottery gives about 200 million dollars back each year.