Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon July 2, 2012
Kentucky Lottery Projections High
The Kentucky Lottery is projecting record sales this year. The commission’s chief financial officer Howard Kline says sales are likely to exceed $817 million and that would be the lottery’s best year ever.
“We’ve had sales growth, or we’re projecting sales growth this fiscal year, for both our instant and online products. The online product has been relatively flat in the last four or five years, so it’s good to have growth, which is our most profitable product in that particular category,” Kline said.
Kline said if those figures are realized, the lottery will be able to transfer more than $200 million into Kentucky’s college scholarship program, better known as KEES.