Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed October 2, 2013
Kentucky Legislature Appoints Marcia Seiler As Acting LRC Director
Top Kentucky lawmakers have appointed an acting director for the Legislative Research Commission as controversy swirls about sexual harassment complaints within the organization.
The lawmakers will also review the agency which serves as a fact finding and service organization for the government. The actions come amid scrutiny of how the LRC handled sexual harassment complaints against a former lawmaker.
House and Senate leaders appointed Marcia Seiler as acting LRC director. Seiler is director of the Office of Education Accountability.
Former director Bobby Sherman resigned. State police are investigating whether Sherman broke any laws when Sherman returned to his office and shredded documents after his resignation. The lawmakers also agreed to approach the National Conference of State Legislatures about conducting a performance audit of the LRC.