Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed October 2, 2013
Kentucky Legislature Appoints Marcia Seiler As Acting LRC Director
Top Kentucky lawmakers have appointed an acting director for the Legislative Research Commission as controversy swirls about sexual harassment complaints within the organization.
The lawmakers will also review the agency which serves as a fact finding and service organization for the government. The actions come amid scrutiny of how the LRC handled sexual harassment complaints against a former lawmaker.
House and Senate leaders appointed Marcia Seiler as acting LRC director. Seiler is director of the Office of Education Accountability.
Former director Bobby Sherman resigned. State police are investigating whether Sherman broke any laws when Sherman returned to his office and shredded documents after his resignation. The lawmakers also agreed to approach the National Conference of State Legislatures about conducting a performance audit of the LRC.