Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Mon June 4, 2012
Kentucky Launches College Transfer Website
Kentucky’s Council on Post Secondary Education will launch a website this week to help students who are transferring from community and technical colleges to four-year universities.
The website is called “Know How 2 Transfer.” It’s a result of 2010 legislation sponsored by Representative Carl Rollins. The law creates better consistency among general education courses in community and technical colleges. Rollins says this makes it easier for students to understand which credits will follow them.
“They would start at community colleges and then a good deal of their course work would not transfer toward the degree. It may count as electives or something like that but a lot of their coursework wouldn’t actually transfer.”
Rollins says he introduced the bill after hearing from students who were having trouble transferring from two-year to four-year institutions. The website is scheduled to go live Wednesday.