Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu August 22, 2013
Kentucky Kindergartners to Undergo Non-Entrance Screening Exams Starting this Year
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says the Commonwealth's kindergartners will be tested for education readiness for the first time this year.
It's part of a statewide assessment for entering school. The Brigance Kindergarten Screener measures preparedness, indicating trends and individual needs to early education teachers.
The screening isn't a kindergarten entrance exam, since Kentucky only requires students meet an age requirement.
Still, the screening is expected to better prepare school districts and communities to meet early students’ needs.