Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 16, 2012
Kentucky July Jobless Numbers Up Slightly
Kentucky's jobless rate has risen to 8.3 percent in the most recent Office of Employment and Training report. Government economist Manoj Shanker says the slight uptick in unemployment isn't enough to conclude that the state's economy has weakened. The increase came despite a strong showing in some job sectors.
Manufacturing added 1,800 jobs in July while the information sector added 900. The leisure and hospitality sector grew by 700. Kentucky's trade, transportation and utilities sector lost 1,100 jobs in July. Construction jobs fell by 600 and mining dropped by 100.