Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu May 3, 2012
Kentucky Judicial System to Have Furlough Days
Judicial employees across Kentucky will have to take unpaid furloughs for three days this year to deal with cuts to the court system's budget. That means courthouses will close statewide on August 6th, September 4th and October 15th. Chief Justice John D. Minton Jr. says the judicial system's overall funding appropriation "is far short" of what's necessary to operate the state's courts over the next two years. The court system has reduced employment by 282 people since 2008 because of a shrinking budget. To generate cash, Minton says the judicial system will start charging more for criminal background checks.