Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu February 13, 2014
Kentucky House Passes Booster Seat Legislation
A bill that would increase safety requirements for minors in car booster seats has passed the Kentucky House.
The bill would require car booster seats for children under 9 years old who are between about three feet and five feet tall.
Keith Hall sponsored the bill.
“This legislation would protect our children," said Hall. "If you believe the words of Lincoln, that our greatest resource is our children, then it’s our duty to protect them.”
The measure now heads to the state Senate.