Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu February 13, 2014
Kentucky House Passes Booster Seat Legislation
A bill that would increase safety requirements for minors in car booster seats has passed the Kentucky House.
The bill would require car booster seats for children under 9 years old who are between about three feet and five feet tall.
Keith Hall sponsored the bill.
“This legislation would protect our children," said Hall. "If you believe the words of Lincoln, that our greatest resource is our children, then it’s our duty to protect them.”
The measure now heads to the state Senate.