Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu February 13, 2014
Kentucky House Passes Booster Seat Legislation
A bill that would increase safety requirements for minors in car booster seats has passed the Kentucky House.
The bill would require car booster seats for children under 9 years old who are between about three feet and five feet tall.
Keith Hall sponsored the bill.
“This legislation would protect our children," said Hall. "If you believe the words of Lincoln, that our greatest resource is our children, then it’s our duty to protect them.”
The measure now heads to the state Senate.