Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed April 23, 2014
Kentucky Horse Park Names Interim Director
The Kentucky Horse Park Commission has chosen Ted Nicholson - no relation to retiring director John Nicholson - to serve as interim director of the Horse Park.
Ted Nicholson will begin his tenure in May and serve until a permanent executive director is hired later this year. He is currently a partner with a horse racing consultant firm.
Before that, the interim director was general manager of the KFC Yum Center in Louisville.
The Kentucky Horse Park will give a presentation this summer in hopes of landing the World Equestrian Games in 2018. The international event was held in Lexington in the fall of 2010.
John Nicholson's retirement becomes effective the middle of next week