Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 15, 2009
Kentucky Higher Education Task Force Recommendation
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Higher Education Work Group has released its first report on college affordability. The task force appointed by Governor Steve Beshear included in their report several ways to make college affordable for everyone. The recommendations suggest introducing legislation that promotes lower college textbook costs and assisting students with quick and easy financial aid searches. The group also recommends Kentucky allow military veterans, regardless of residency, receive in-state tuition. The 26-member bipartisan task force has been working on this report since last October. They have received input from a committee of college presidents and a student committee.