Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue November 13, 2012
Kentucky Hemp Commission will meet for first time in a decade
For the first time in a decade, Kentucky's commission on industrial hemp will hold a meeting.
The commission has been dormant since its inception, but Agriculture Commissioner James Comer supports hemp and is reviving the panel.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul is also supporting the commission and his staff will give a presentation on the crop's potential to help Kentucky farmers.
The commission is part of Comer's office, but its staff will be funded in part by $100,000 in donations from Senator Paul's Political Action Committee and a soap company that purchases hemp.