Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Tue November 13, 2012
Kentucky Hemp Commission will meet for first time in a decade
For the first time in a decade, Kentucky's commission on industrial hemp will hold a meeting.
The commission has been dormant since its inception, but Agriculture Commissioner James Comer supports hemp and is reviving the panel.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul is also supporting the commission and his staff will give a presentation on the crop's potential to help Kentucky farmers.
The commission is part of Comer's office, but its staff will be funded in part by $100,000 in donations from Senator Paul's Political Action Committee and a soap company that purchases hemp.