Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue November 13, 2012
Kentucky Hemp Commission will meet for first time in a decade
For the first time in a decade, Kentucky's commission on industrial hemp will hold a meeting.
The commission has been dormant since its inception, but Agriculture Commissioner James Comer supports hemp and is reviving the panel.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul is also supporting the commission and his staff will give a presentation on the crop's potential to help Kentucky farmers.
The commission is part of Comer's office, but its staff will be funded in part by $100,000 in donations from Senator Paul's Political Action Committee and a soap company that purchases hemp.