Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue November 13, 2012
Kentucky Hemp Commission will meet for first time in a decade
For the first time in a decade, Kentucky's commission on industrial hemp will hold a meeting.
The commission has been dormant since its inception, but Agriculture Commissioner James Comer supports hemp and is reviving the panel.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul is also supporting the commission and his staff will give a presentation on the crop's potential to help Kentucky farmers.
The commission is part of Comer's office, but its staff will be funded in part by $100,000 in donations from Senator Paul's Political Action Committee and a soap company that purchases hemp.