Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue April 3, 2012
Kentucky Education Officials Pushing Funds Foundation
The Kentucky Department of Education hopes to have a foundation operating by July that can provide desperately needed cash for public school reform efforts. To get the foundation off the ground, staff members have developed an aggressive timeline that will be presented at the Board of Education's regular meeting tomorrow in Frankfort. The as-yet-unnamed group is modeled after the Colorado Legacy Foundation, a 3-year-old charitable organization that works closely with the Colorado Department of Education and has pumped millions of dollars into that state's schools. The money pays for projects ranging from health and wellness initiatives to expansion of Advanced Placement programs. It also helps schools prepare for changes in how teachers and administrators are evaluated.