Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri November 2, 2012
Kentucky Education Numbers Show Low College Readiness
More than half of Kentucky's public high school students last year were not prepared for college or careers based on the results of an assessment released today. Despite that finding, Education Commissioner Terry Holliday said the results were significantly improved from the previous year's 38 percent. Of the more than 43,000 high school students who received diplomas last spring, about 18,700 were deemed college ready. That's up from about 15,000 found to be college ready the previous year. Holliday said Kentucky has a goal of having 67 percent of Kentucky students college or career ready by 2015. He said the state is on track to achieve that goal.