Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 4, 2012
Kentucky Division of Water Seeks Public Comment on Runoff Report
The Kentucky Division of Water is seeking public comment on a new plan for runoff water pollution. The agency says runoff pollution is the leading contributor to water pollution in Kentucky. It happens when water runs across land and carries sediment, nutrients, pesticides, heavy metals and waste from animals and humans into streams, rivers and groundwater. Officials are accepting comment through the end of the month. You can find a link to the plan here.