Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Division of Water Seeks Private Well Volunteers for Testing
Kentucky’s Division of Water is asking residents using private wells for drinking water to participate in a study to determine whether domestic wells are being affected by human-influenced pollution or events of nature.
Well owners picked for the program will receive free testing. The Division of Water says samples will be tested for E. coli and total coliform bacteria, as well as other bacteria. The tests will also look for caffeine. If bacteria are found, owners will be advised on well disinfection procedures and other solutions. Visit the Kentucky Division of Water website for more information.