Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Division of Water Seeks Private Well Volunteers for Testing
Kentucky’s Division of Water is asking residents using private wells for drinking water to participate in a study to determine whether domestic wells are being affected by human-influenced pollution or events of nature.
Well owners picked for the program will receive free testing. The Division of Water says samples will be tested for E. coli and total coliform bacteria, as well as other bacteria. The tests will also look for caffeine. If bacteria are found, owners will be advised on well disinfection procedures and other solutions. Visit the Kentucky Division of Water website for more information.