Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Division of Water Seeks Private Well Volunteers for Testing
Kentucky’s Division of Water is asking residents using private wells for drinking water to participate in a study to determine whether domestic wells are being affected by human-influenced pollution or events of nature.
Well owners picked for the program will receive free testing. The Division of Water says samples will be tested for E. coli and total coliform bacteria, as well as other bacteria. The tests will also look for caffeine. If bacteria are found, owners will be advised on well disinfection procedures and other solutions. Visit the Kentucky Division of Water website for more information.