Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue July 3, 2012
Kentucky Division of Water Seeks Private Well Volunteers for Testing
Kentucky’s Division of Water is asking residents using private wells for drinking water to participate in a study to determine whether domestic wells are being affected by human-influenced pollution or events of nature.
Well owners picked for the program will receive free testing. The Division of Water says samples will be tested for E. coli and total coliform bacteria, as well as other bacteria. The tests will also look for caffeine. If bacteria are found, owners will be advised on well disinfection procedures and other solutions. Visit the Kentucky Division of Water website for more information.